Zubby Michael Biography
Zubby is a famous Nigerian actor, born born Azubuike Michael Egwu, and known for his role in Three Windows, Royal Storm and Professional Lady.
His first appearance was in the movie titled Missing Rib but known for The Three Widows where he played the lead role.
His career journey actually kicked off in Asaba, Delta state, where he met a producer who introduced him to the industry. The outcome led him to feature in his first movie titled Missing Rib, which also starred Ramsey Nouah and Tonto Dikeh.
Zubby Michael is single but has a son, he was once in a romantic relationship with Mary Okoye, the youngest sister of the famous music duo, Peter Okoye and Paul Okoye, otherwise known as P-Square. He met her at the traditional marriage of his fellow Nollywood actor, Mike Ezuruonye. The relationship didn’t last Long.
Zubby Michael was born in Yola, Adamawa state to the family of Mr. and Mrs. Egwu, an entrepreneur and teacher respectively, on February 1, 1985.
He is an indigene of Ozobulu in Ekwusigo Local Government Area of Anambra state.
His parents are civil servants based in Awka Anambra State, Nigeria.
Zubby Michael is the first child in a family of 5 .
Zubby Michael got his primary and secondary education in Yola. Thereafter, he secured admission to Nnamdi Azikiwe University in Awka, Anambra state where he bagged a bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication.
1 February 1985
Zubby Michael has appeared in a good number of Nollywood movies and TV series, including Bad Omen, Burial Battle, Omoghetto: The Saga, Egg of love, Audio Money, Identical Twins, Dying of Thirst, Hunchback Princess, A Thousand War, The Return of Dangote, Flashback, Seed of Deception, Seed of Greatness, Enemy of Progress, Our Father’s Property, G4 The Money Men, Shameless Sisters, Blood Feud, Son of No Man, Boy Makes Money, The Return of Eze Ndi Ala, Afraid to Fall, Pains of the Orphan, Yahoo King, Sound of Calamity, Hunted Bride, Omenka, Lack of Money, Yahoo Shrine, Throne of Terror, Anayo China, Youngest Wife, Made in South, Wasted Authority, Mama, Bastard Money, War for love, Mr. Arrogant, Ozoemena Ozubulu, The Return, Adaure, My love, The King of Vulture (Eze K’udene), Sword of Justice, The Promise, Family Matters (Akara Ayasago), Compound fools, 1st Hit, Okada 50, Sound of Calamity, Haunted Bride.
Politics: On November 25, 2019, Zubby Michael was appointed as the Special Adviser on Media to the Anambra state governor, Willie Obiano.
Source of wealth
Zubby Michael is not only an actor; he’s a producer, entrepreneur, and social media influencer and he is estimated to be worth about $9.6 million.
Zubby Michael, in 2021, declared himself the richest actor in Africa.
In an interview with Broadway TV, Michael said he thinks he is the biggest actor on the continent due to the success he has attained in the movie industry.
“For now, I’m the richest actor and the last time I checked I make money more than other actors.
”Honestly, I don’t think anyone is bigger than me for now and I’m not saying it from a place of pride, Zubby is the biggest actor in Africa for now.”
The actor said he believes God put him in his current position because he helps people, adding that he doesn’t believe in tithes.
He also dismissed the rumour that he is involved in money laundering, describing himself as a renowned businessman.
Zubby Michael has been nominated for several awards and has won one or two.
- Most Promising Act (male) in 2011 Best of Nollywood Awards (BON) (Nominated)
- Best New Actor of the Year (English) at the 2014 City People Movie Awards (Nominated)
- Actor of the Year (Indigenous Films) at the 2015 Nigerian Entertainment Award (Nominated)
- Best Actor of The Year (English) at the 2018 City People Movie Awards (Nominated)
- Nollywood Personality of the Year at the 2018 Nigerian MSMEs & Achievers Awards (Won)
- Movie icon of the year at the 2018 South East Entertainment Award (Won)
- Best Lead Actor of the Year (English) at the 2019 Nigeria Achievers Awards (Nominated)
- Nominated for Best Actor of the Year (Igbo) at the 2019 City People Movie Awards
- Best Igbo Film of the Year (Eze ndi Ala) at the 2019 City People Movie Awards (Nominated)
- Best Actor of the Year (English) at the 2019 City People Movie Awards (Nominated)
- Male Actor of the Year at the 2019 South South Achievers Awards (SSA) (Nominated)
- Best Celebrity Politician of the Year (2020) by the South-East Beauty Pageant Organisation (Won)